Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

Well, I was searching on the web the other day and I found out that if you have a fear of long words you have hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.....
Yea, that's smart, who comes up with a name like that to represent the fear of long words. I mean, it looks like a bunch of words put together just to make fun of those people. How would you teach this to kids?


"Ok, class, the fear of long words is hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, now Billy can you say that for us please?"


"Sure I can miss, hippo...hippopotamus....monster...ummm...daily phobia, oh I get it now it's hippopotamus-monster-daily phobia!"


Great, now the kid's gonna go home and tell his Mom he learned about hippo monsters. One more thing for Dad to look for under the bed.
What if someone actually had this phobia, how would he tell someone?


"I have hippopotomo---aaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!! IT'S TO LONG!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!! 


Wow, irony can really hurt some times..

No comments: